211 San Mateo County – Operated by United Way of the Bay Area
211 in San Mateo County can help you find food, housing, health care, senior services, child care, legal aid and more. 211 is free, confidential, multilingual, and available 24/7. If you are facing a challenge or need social service information, call 211 today. Can’t dial 211?
Call 800-273-6222 or visit www.211BayArea.org
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urbal Development: http://www.hud.gov/local/ca/homeownership/foreclosure.cfm. Offers guidance on default and foreclosure prevention.
- California's Consumer Home Mortgage Information from the State of California: http://www.yourhome.ca.gov/mortgage-help.shtml. Answers questions on these topics related to foreclosure: Trouble making mortgage payments, avoiding foreclosure, what do to when losing your home, credit counseling, and scams.
- Homeowner Preservation Hotline: 888-995-HOPE (888-995-4673) http://www.995hope.org/. Helps distressed homeowners navigate their budget challenges by providing specific actions steps and, whenever possible, helping them to avoid foreclosure.
Tenants impacted by foreclosure:
- Tenant Foreclosure Hotline: 888-495-8020: Provides information and referrals to tenants whose landlords are at some stage of the foreclosure process. From Tenants Together.
- Legal Aid Society of San Mateo County: 650-558-0915. http://www.legalaidsmc.org/. Advises San Mateo County tenants in a foreclosed property.